»

Monday, May 5, 2008

Bloggity-Blog

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this blog. I just felt the need to blog. So, here I am.

This morning I experienced a few symptoms that I had before I got off of the medicine I discussed a few weeks ago. I've never been an anxious person, but this morning I realized just how much anxiety my meds caused. It was controllable, but frustrating all the same. I feel bad for people who have to deal with that on a very daily basis. I felt a rush of panic and even the thought of taking the girls to school heightened the intensity. I let myself feel it and worked through it after recognizing it, but it just reiterated the fact to me that the things we put into our bodies alter everything -even 5 weeks post-removal.

I'm still working on my weight-loss journey b/c of the meds. I see pics of myself last year and realize how great I looked even though I didn't feel it. Now I feel much better but have the lasting symtpoms to deal with. I'm working out for 40 min-60 min each morning at 5:30. It's a lot of work and takes so much motivation, but I know soon I'll see many more results. I am down about 10lbs since I first went to the dr. Progress!

Maddie has been working on a science project for school. She had to collect 10 bugs and display them. I didn't realize all the work it took just for a simple project. It has been a LONG time since I've thought about science projects. :) She had a great time finding them and labeling them, though, and Avery was fascinated by them.

Our potty training venture is still in progress. We're doing better, but I don't think our mission will be complete until I'm able to be home 24/7 with the girls again.

This past week was TAKS. My first reaction is "ugh!" But it did allow me the opportunity to spend some time with students I don't normally have and a time to bond over movies and cards with those that I already do see. I learned a new fun game called "ERS" and realized how much I love the movie Transformers this week!

Yesterday we spent the morning/afternoon at church. For the first time in my life, I really and truly enjoy the church I'm attending. I don't know if my reading of A New Earth has helped me tune into a deeper level of my beliefs and spirtuality, but I see so many new things with a different perspective. Jesus is such an amazing teacher!

We had the chance to see the construction crew lift and mount the cross that will go on our new church building. Dr. Jack Graham was there leading "Old Rugged Cross" and the girls were in awe of the giant metal structure being set on the roof. :)