»

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Choose, Trust, Do

Well, today has been an odd day for me. First thing this morning as I was driving to work, I continued to hear that little intuitive voice inside tell me "Tisha, take Friday off. You need it or you'll be stressed like always. Tisha, take Friday off. Tisha, take Friday off." My voice of reason and logic, which wins out most of the time said, "No. You need to be at school. You've already missed too much time in the past few weeks."

This time, however, my intuition won. Woot!

I'm taking Friday off and taking a personal day. I always get so stressed during December since we have so many things going on (my birthday, Maddie's birthday, our anniversary, Christmas) and throw in the mix a few other events and travel and I'm spent! We have a full schedule from now until December 29.

We've planned a surprise birthday party for Madison. We've invited 3 of her close friends. We're doing cupcakes and celebration at the mall food court and then taking them all ice skating. She has no idea! I'm so thrilled that we've all kept this secret from her for almost a month. I plan to use Friday to bake and decorate cupcakes, surprise her at school and eat lunch with her (something my schedule never allows) and I will also be catching up on my grading. (*tear*)

So, bottom line: I trusted my intutition. I think we should all do this more often. Listening to our voices within is something that is not heard by accident and shouldn't be pushed aside like yesterday's Britney Spears drama. I'm guilty of this, too, and I'm trying to be more intuitive and less logical and take more time for myself.

Moving on.....

I've been thinking a lot about my blogs and have decided that I only wait and post the "good stuff." I have been guessing that probably most of my "blog audience" must think one of the following: 1. I write for them 2. I have a "perfect" life

Unfortunately, neither of the above options are true. I have started writing more because I decided I would never reach the goal of writing a book unless I practiced the craft.

Secondly, I do not have a "perfect" life. Is there really any such thing? I honestly do not believe there is a "perfect _(insert any word here)__"( e.g. marriage, person, life, job, family). Would you really want me to let you in on all the not-so-perfect stuff? Trust me, there is not-so-perfect stuff. However, at a very young age I watched someone in my life recognize and acknowledge most often the negative side of things and people. At some random moment back then, I chose that for the rest of my life, no matter what was going on, I would always do my best to see the best in everything: in a situation, in another person, in myself.

Is it possible to have a perfect moment? Most definitely. We can all think back to a perfect moment. It seems there is less time for error with a moment. I think we all need to remember those perfect moments because our memory of those perfect moments always makes them more perfect. :)