»

Sunday, December 30, 2007

No Regrets

I have never been one to keep up with my resolutions. They seem so drastic and absolute. Resolutions always seem to make me feel more like an absolute failure.
So, at the beginning of every year I come up with things that I'd like to achieve: not lose weight but get healthy; I always seem to give my goal a positive twist, much like I do everything and everyone else that I encounter.

This year I've decided to share with you a few of the small goals I have given myself for '08. Of course, I have big goals, just like you do: work out 5 times a week; no soda; be an ambassador of something; see HCJ in concert once during the year; complete more of my book; find my birth parents.
Although, I think the small goals we set for ourselves are just as important. They teach us to live a little - to just let go and do things just a bit differently, which is more difficult the older we get.

So, here's my list of things I've either never done or haven't done in quite some time. Hold me to it, you wonderful blog subscribers:

1.To read The Grapes of Wrath (not sure how I missed that one)
2.Update my resume.
3.Make homemade sushi.
4.Go to a movie alone. (done. tonight. PS. I Love You)
5. Write one letter and mail it out once a month. (any electronic device not allowed)
6.Dress up for Halloween.(with a real costume)
7. Watch all of The Godfather movies.
8. Eat alone in a sit-down/waiter(ess) restaurant.
9.Complete one NY Times crossword puzzle.
10. Go an entire week without tv or computer privileges.
11. Play a game of pool with someone besides the computer.
12. Take a random trip somewhere I've never been.

And if you decide to make your own list, please remember to share it with me! :)