»

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Blah, Blah, Blah

The word "blah"is actually listed at dictionary.com and has the following synonyms: banausic, boring, dim, dreary, humdrum, lifeless, monotone, monotonous, pedestrian, plodding

This has been my feeling since about 9:00 this morning and to follow through with my committment to write about all things in my life - even the not so exciting, I had to blog today.

It wasn't that anything went particularly wrong at all today, but the "blah" cloud seemed to follow me around today, even into the pantry. My husband would say that it's simply because today is Tuesday. It is the "blah" of all the week days because there's nothing really exciting about it - Monday you talk about your weekend, Wednesday is "hump" day, Thursday you're making weekend plans, Friday always rocks, Saturday and Sunday are usually yours to do with what you want. And, so, Tuesday is the "alone" day of the week. Maybe.

I have this problem of always lending a hand to others in my job, even when I know good and well I do not have time to do the extra stuff, because that will just cause me to be extra behind for that day. So, a few favors here and there today put me behind a lot and I ended up missing 1/2 of a class that I really needed to be teaching today and left me feeling flustered for most of the day.

Next, I will just say that I mostly never need any encouragement from outside sources on a job well done. I'm pretty good at using my own inner motivation and positive thinking to keep moving forward. However, it is nice to hear "Good job!" or "Well done! at anytime. So, today I was feeling a bit neglected when someone was being recognized for something that I already do. Why? Is it because I'm already the technology teacher and should already "know" and be moving above and beyond?

Tomorrow is our staff meeting (I call them staff "beatings") bright and early at 7:15. Do you comprehend how difficult it is for a mom of 2 girls to get to a meeting dressed neatly, makeup, hair, and ready to teach 100 kids that day with all her own children at their designated places? Thank goodness for Paul. He always pulls through and takes one for the team on these days. Usually these meetings are nothing more than can be said in a nice memo. And, no, there are no door prizes to obtain.

There was somewhere I REALLY wanted to be tonight, but due to short notice and it being a school night, I simply could not go. I call it a "once in a lifetime" but my realistic friends pointed out that I could always see this person another time or continue contact via e-mail. *Sigh* They are right and I concede.

Now that I'm home I decided to come up with a "blah" dinner. As I was searching for things in our pantry, I found a bag of old sourdough bread that was buried beneath marshmallows and pita chips. Nice. I was successful in getting the green, gooey, watery mess into the garbage before it found the floor.

My "blah" dinner, you ask?

Hamburger meat, browned with onions and garlic with a sprinkle of bread crumbs. Add cooked spaghetti, tomato sauce, more bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and feta cheese. Bake at 250 until cheese is melted.

I just made it up. Possibly there is a dish out there like it that exists, but I just decided to throw in whatever we had that wasn't green and watery. I know the girls and Paul will be glad that I used my blah-ness in order to produce something edible that is not take out or frozen.

Thank goodness tomorrow is Wednesday!