»

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Rainy Days

Today brought about silly moods, remembrance of childhood, new memories and a new tile floor!

We are enjoying our break from school this week and I'm making a promise to you all that I will get some new pics up from our Elmo show, the father-daughter dance, and mine and Maddie's fun at the Dollar Store. :)

Yesterday ,the girls and I set out for a trip to the book store and the library. Madison and Avery watched Nancy Drew on DVD the other day and it sparked up conversation of the mystery series of books that I use to read back in "the day." (The Babysitter Club, The Boxcar Children)

We had a nice time looking for the perfect book for her and Avery. Then, we pulled into Wendy's for nuggets and salad and decided to take advantage of the nice day (before the rain) and use the cute little tables at the Frisco library. Fun!

After we found a bag full of books and successfully mastered to self check-out we headed for home and took NAPS! :) This is great excitement for me, because I so rarely get to take advantage of extra time sleeping.

This morning we woke up early to thunderstorms. We were lucky enough to get rain all day. Not so bad, except that the tile work crew showed up at 10 and didn't leave until 7 pm. We couldn't leave and only had a few rooms to hang out in. However, the new tile looks magnificent and we're so glad we had it done, finally. I'm pretty certain the old tile was original with the building of the house and in BAD shape. Tomorrow morning we'll be able to shower and step out onto some nice, cold tile instead of old, torn, linoleum.

When Paul arrived home from work, Madison and I quickly assessed the situation and decided we needed to leave for an outing. We were all getting cranky from being inside in the same room all day. ;) So we jumped in the Jeep with our flip flops and took a trip to the post office! We then decided to branch out and go to the Dollar Store. We spent a good 30 minutes checking out all the fun, new items. One special treasure we found was a candle. "Campbell's Soup Tomato" candle. I took a whiff and then decided I must've thrown up in my mouth a little. YUCK! I took pictures b/c I knew no one would believe that this was something that was actually up for sale. (I'll post later as evidence)

We then moved on to our local grocery store to look for a highlighter/post it pen. No luck. We ended up with Peanuts band-aides instead.

Our last stop was the Shell. We needed to use the bathroom and get some gum before heading home. By this time Madison was way over the top in her giggly mood and I realized I'd succeeded at making a usually boring outing fun. *sigh* We only spent $10, but made a lifelong memory together.

Maddie confirmed this, "Mom, I like the way you think."