»

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Is Girl Your Favorite Word, Too?



As embarrassing as it might be, I was a huge NKOTB fan from the time I was in Jr. High until I reached driving age. I had the videos, the CD's, the t-shirt, and all the albums. I could even tell you particular people's favorite kid (for example classmate Connie Rios' fav was Jordan) - mine was Joe McIntyre. I know I drove my parents crazy with all those Teen Beat Magazines that they bought just so I could post all the posters I could find all over my walls.

Reflecting on this is always comical to me. I remember actually thinking that I would marry Joe one day. Ha! You can't say I didn't have faith. :)

Tonight, I happened to turn on the TV at the right moment. I saw a clip of NKOTB on the Today Show discussing their reunion after 20 years. How awkward to see all of the "kids" who are really older than me now (31) all together again. But I will admit that a tinge of excitement hit me and I smiled.

5 minutes later I'd located 3 of my old VHS tapes and popped them in the VCR. For the next hour, the girls and I were singing and dancing the night away. I looked up and Paul was laughing at us without breathing. lol! I never noticed before how many times they have the word "girl" either in the title, in the first few lines, or in the chorus. Madison even pointed it out and said "Mom, are all their songs about girls?"

To quote a fellow Connick/MySpace friend: "If they tour I'm going. I don't care how much BIGGER of a dork this statement makes me."

Here are some of my fav songs (and, yes, I now realize how many ways there are to make fun of them) :

Right Stuff
Hangin' Tough
Please Don't Go Girl
Tonight
Cover Girl
I'll Be Loving You Forever
Didn't I Blow Your Mind?
My Favorite Girl
This One's For the Children
Baby I Believe in You
I Remember When
Where Do I Go From Here
Call It What You Want
Time Is On Our Side


NKOTBFFL signing off.............