»

Monday, April 21, 2008

Three is the Magic Number




Avery turns 3 on Thursday. I can't believe it was that many years ago that we were in the delivery room, her arrival just a few seconds away. I remember vividly that we were talking about the Mavs in the playoffs, explaining how the name "Avery" wasn't for Avery Johnson and watching the coverage of the pope's inauguration. "We" meaning my doctor and myself. LOL! This pregnancy and delivery was way more "fun" than with Maddie. I was feeling great and ready to see my Avy Faith.
Here are some Avery-isms that have been memorable the past week:

1. There's a thunder monster under my bed! (referring to the thunderstorm)

2. Mama, I so proud of you, baby girl. ( not sure what I did, but she was repeating what I always tell her)

3. Am I gonna have my pahty (party) at the pahk (park)? Can we go in the cah(car)?

4. Chahley's (Charley) a bobcat, mom! (she learned this British accent that she continually uses in sporadic places)

5. Why does the cow go moo, moo, moo? (I don't know.) POPCORN!

6. What's the cow's favorite snack? (I don't know. ) POPCORN!

We've just embarked on the potty training era of our lives once more. Hopefully, it will not be a long drawn out process. Our days are now full of timers, potties in select styles, panties of all sorts, stickers, sticker charts and wipes - lots and lots of wipes. :)

Here's to my crazy, stunning, fun girl, Avery ~ I love you madly, too, sister!