»

Monday, January 28, 2008

Popsicles are my "Can't Live Without" Item

Most of you remember back to last year when we had our scariest night with the girls. Well, had it not been for that night we would have no idea what to do in the instance that one of the girls would have another.

Maddie was sick most of the weekend, as many of you know and I was a bit under the weather, as well. I had hoped we'd wake up this morning and all would be well. However, at 3 AM I heard Avery screaming and yelling "mommy." I knew. Her fever spiked again and she had another febrile seizure (National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke). She must have hallucinations with the fever b/c she kept saying "Mommy, the spiders were so big. I thought they were going to get me." "Never let go, Mommy" (when I set her down to go to the bathroom)

Good thing we remember from last year and we got her fever down immediately with cold water, Popsicles, and motrin/tylenol. I know Popsicles in case of a fever is nothing new, however, had it not been for those fun, tasty little pops, it would have taken us much longer to get her fever down and her body to stop shaking. I thanked God over and over for giving Paul the intuition or "fun-factor" in his shopping list that one day. I know I couldn't take another ambulance ride or ER visit right now.

After we finally got her settled at 6 AM this morning, I noticed Maddie still had a fever, too. Flu, I'm guessing, but I can't be sure until our appointment.

Anyway, I'm taking both girls into our pediatrician today for a once over.
Thanks to all of you who checked in on us and sent well wishes.
I'll keep you posted! And remember - pick up Popsicles at the store the next time you're there! ;)