»

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Cowboys Anyone?

Most everyone who knows our family knows what an avid Cowboys fan Paul has always been. He tries to convince the girls to watch games with him every year, bribes them with candy, money, etc. They never can sit for an entire minute. :) You may also know that I continually give Paul a hard time about his love of the Cowboys. It's not that I don't like them at all - it's just that it's way too easy to get Paul upset over my unfanlike comments. One day I accidentally let it slip that the Cowboys "suck." I truly thought Avery's attention was diverted by the TV or the music, but to no avail she'd heard that phrase and has been known to shout it out when she sees the Cowboy uniform, the star logo or even during a commercial at the movie theatre. (talk about embarrasing!)

So, here's the scene. Yesterday, I decided to take the girls to the park so that they could run, scream and play. In turn, I was able to sit for a full hour w/out anyone asking me to be at their beck and call. Great trade off, if you ask me. A few families were there and then left. Then, a new family arrived. A woman, a girl and a boy. Avery was very friendly and wanted to befriend them right away. Madison was more hesitant. I immediately knew that there was something "special" about them. Instinct, I guess. So, we make small talk:

"Do you live here?"
"No."
"How long have you been in the area?"
"3 years"
"Where did you live before?"
"CA"
"What in the WORLD brought you to this place?"
"lol--my husband plays football."


I knew it! I so knew it! After living here for 7 years and meeting random semi-famous people, I'm always on gaurd for that type of random meeting. Deion Sanders lives a few miles away from here, Randy White lives here in Celina, this spring we ran into Dan Campbell at the local Super Target. (See the Cowboy pattern, here?)

Turns out, that the lady at the park was married to Omar Stoutmire. So we continue talking and she reminds me that he played for the Cowboys about 10 years ago. I state how I remember that and then Avery turns, looks at me, and shouts at the top of her lungs: THE COWBOYS SUCK!

Good thing Omar Stoutmire plays for the Washington Redskins now, right?