»

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Snow Day

Remember those days in high school when you wanted nothing more than for school to be cancelled so you wouldn't have to take that test or see that teacher that you wanted to avoid on a daily basis?

Well, for me I'm on the "other" end now and nothing has changed. I still find myself wishing for an unexpected day off during the winter months. I don't have to take the tests anymore, but give them; Now, there are both teachers and students that I'd rather not see at times. :)

Anytime you're in the metroplex and it snows, rains, sleets, etc, you can expect for most places to completely shut down. Safetly is always a concern. My theory is that people in the metroplex DO NOT know how to slow down no matter the weather conditions. :) These are the times I'm thankful for growing up in small W. Texas town with a dad that insisted that I learn how to drive in even the worse weather.

***Reminiscing Story***

December 13, 2000: Big ice storm. It took Paul 6 hours to get home, seriously. The trip is usually about 1 hour or less one way. My mom was visiting b/c I was nine months pregnant and in tears b/c I just KNEW Maddie had waited until the storm to make her appearance. A mother's instinct, I guess.....that night we were on our way to the hospital and the next day she was born! :) It took 1 1/2 hours to get to the hospital 30 minutes away!

***End of Reminiscing***

We've been home since 1:30 this afternoon and have a late start tomorrow. Hanging out in our pj's, watching Christmas movies and drinking hot chocolate.....this is the stuff that makes the best memories!

We love snow (aka ice) days, don't you?

 


--orginally posted November 30, 2006