»

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Harry Connick Jr: amazing musician, entertainer, and person

My experience last night at the HCJ show is indescribable. It was AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING! We arrived early and got to our seats. Every seat in the venue was a great seat, no kidding. (But next time, we're gonna be front and center, baby!) Now, there were people who were complaining about their seats, but I was more than grateful to even be there. I could bore some of you and go through his entire playlist, but I won't.  He played for a solid hour and 50 minutes with no intermission and only a few conversation breaks. My favorite part of the show was watching Maddie's face light up as she watched him sing and play. She could not believe it was really HIM! Her favorite part was his "Jambalaya" performance and the "booty shake" with Lucien. My favorite part was the encore and his playing "drums" on the piano......

After the show we went to the "top-secret" place for the Meet and Greet; although not that "top-secret."  I was embarrassed by the girls that stood in front of us for a few short minutes. They couldn't have been over 20 and were all giddy about getting pictures with him and whatever else they were dreaming up. I sort of laughed to myself b/c it was obvious that they were fans of "Will & Grace" and had been fans all of about 5 minutes it seemed. Anyway.....I chuckled again when they decided to leave their spot in line in order to be LAST......some plan they came up with after they found out that they COULD NOT take pictures with him and only could have one item signed per person.

Anyhoo......We waited for about 45 minutes after the show and he finally came out! He looked great in his jeans and t-shirt. I was estatic and become suddenly calm and collected when we got closer. I asked him a few questions, to which he politely replied and I said, "Thank you. It was nice meeting you." I made eye contact and everything!  He was very gracious and genuinely appreciative of his fans.

The best part of the M&G was the time he "spent" with Madison. She, personally, got to talk to him a few minutes. He told her "You sure are beautiful" (in that voice and accent that makes me melt!) She politely thanked him and then they carried on a conversation about kids stuff that ended with a high-five.

It was simply an AMAZING experience that I know Maddie and I will both treasure.



--originally posted on May 12, 2007