»

Thursday, September 27, 2007

What Takes You Back?

I was surfing the net this afternoon while the girls were resting and came across a message board where people were posting what their favorite cartoon was/is, so I thought I'd dedicate a blog to that topic today.

Here are a few of my personal favorites at the moment (and only b/c I have kids...what's your excuse?)
Dora the Explorer (why didn't they teach us Spanish when we were little kids...I'd be way better off for it now)
The Wonder Pets (the phone, the phone is ringing...the phone, i'll be right there)
Jack's Big Music Show (cool tunes for kids and adults...if you're open minded)
The Upside Down Show (2 crazy guys being silly all over the place...holds kids' attention and is the next best thing if you can't have a manny(google it).

But then I started thinking back to Saturdays when I was a kid. You know, the only time that cartoons were on and early in the morning, at that. If you slept in, you missed all the good ones. Here are some I'm sure you remember:

The California Raisins
Care Bears
DuckTales
Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids
Fraggle Rock
The Littles
Pound Puppies
Rainbow Bright
Schoolhouse Rock (plug for author SQuire Rushnell (google him, too!)
Smurfs
Strawberry Shortcake
Super friends

Now, it's your turn....what cartoon did you wake up at the crack of dawn for?
--originally posted on June 19, 2007