»

Thursday, September 27, 2007

I DID IT!

After a lot of prayer, thought and consideration, I resigned as yearbook adviser today effective May 25, 2007. Met with my principal and gave him my official letter. I did not, initially, sign a contract that stated that my adviser job depended on my employment. However, he did tell me that I would possibly be teaching a few English classes next year. Not a problem; been there, done that. I'm also very open to the possibility of teaching with a different district if the opportunity arises. It's such an anxious feeling when you "let go" of something; a job, a loved one, a friend, etc. I also have feelings of "quitting." And I struggle with this because I never give up at anything, but in a sense, I feel I did with this. Even though I was sort of forced into the position, for 4 years producing the yearbook was my life. Working with those students, leading them to create an awesome book, teaching them customer service skills, design skills, marketing skills, and relationship skills. I cannot tell you the sweat, tears, and laughs that went into each of those 4 years. However, it definitely took time away from my other classes and students and most importantly my family. I never felt like I was giving anyone the best of me or had enough of myself to go around, especially at the end of the day. I love my work, but I love my family more. I am thankful for Paul for putting up with all the phone calls, extra hours, babysitting the girls, going to events, and listening to me vent each and every day. And so....here's to new challenges and more time with Paul, Madison and Avery!<

--orginally posted on November 16, 2006