»

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Don't Stop Believing

More radom thoughts I've been thinking this week......

1. How can there be so many different versions of the color white? We painted our kitchen and it looks amazingly better. I can't believe the transformation. We still have to finish up one wall and the ceiling and get our new dining table, but it is now a room that I actually WANT to be in instead of one I despise. Wanna come over for dinner?

2. Why *is* everyone so upset about the Sopranos finale? Final scene thoughts: Paul yelled at me b/c he thought I changed the channel. ..emo&:lol:-->laugh.gif..endemo--> At first I was mad. How could they just end it like that? But then, I started thinking about Bobby and Tony's discussion - you never see it coming. Makes sense. Then, I thought 'Chase really is brilliant.' He's always left his audience wanting more. He has never given them exactly what they wanted. Using any of the theories that the audience had would be too easy (T going to jail, T getting shot, tragic family ending). The finale was not any different. It was sort of like the audience got "hit." No one saw it coming.

The last thing I took from the finale was that they really played into the episode title "Made in America." At the end of the day, no matter what was going on (depression, anxiety, marital problems, careers, parenting, or Tony's "business"), the Sopranos were still an example of an American family. They ended the show in a diner eating onion rings and made sure we all saw the guy with the USA baseball cap on several times.

I would like to think that nothing big happened except that we were just severed from being a part of their lives anymore.

3. How can I like running now, at 30, when I hated it so much when I was younger? I actually *like* going. It gives me a time to meditate and focus. IT makes me feel stronger, energetic and happier. I've also included a weight workout and love it so much that I could dedicate a room in my house as a "workout" room and actually would use it. However, I'm not a big fan of the treadmill. I can't do it like other people. I have to feel like I'm "getting somewhere." There's something so rejuvinating about being outside for me.

4. ok. you knew i'd get to it. Paris. Why are we surprised? She's been acting as though she's entitled since she's been in the limelight. Society and the media continues to feed her ego by giving us never ending updates on her life. I cannot think of one positive thing that she's done using her stature. (correct me if I'm wrong) Personally, as a mom, I do not want her to be anywhere near my daughters (on tv or in person). Nor do I want anyone who chooses her as their "hero" or "rolemodel" to be around my girls. In this day and age, women should feel empowered by something other than their looks or their parent's money. Go out and DO something to better the world and then we'll talk, Paris.

5. Is it just me or does TV absolutely suck during the summer months? I can't even waste my time on network TV anymore besides for the 5 minutes of weather I get each day. National Bingo Night, Next Best Thing, America's Got Talent, So You Think You Can Dance, American Inventor.....I can't take it. Ok, so tell me if you're getting sucked into them and why? I might reconsider with your recommendation. As for now, I think I might open myself up and give Last Comic Standing a chance. I don't have high hopes, though.

--originally posted on June 12, 2007