»

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Music and Memories

"Music at its essence is what gives us memories. "<-- Stevie Wonder

If you've ever switched on the radio or been watching TV when that one song comes on that makes you jump out of your seat, you'll understand why I took the time to create this blog. "Do you remember this song?" Usually, whoever is sitting with you looks at you like you're crazy unless that same songs brings about a certain memory for them, as well. So, here are my 50 songs in no particular order. Each one has a certain memory of a certain time in my life and possibly a memory of a special person, also. Each one was chosen with meaning and purpose. Each one got me through a particular time in my life. Each one causes me to jump out of my seat, smile and express gratitude for that song being a part of me. I willingly will tell why I chose any song, if you are curious enough to ask. Memories….in the corner of my mind……

1. Holly Dunn - Daddy's Hands
2. Dan Seals - One Friend
3. Ricky Skaggs - Honey Open that Door
4. Jim Reeves - I Love You Because
5. Charlie Pride - Roll On Mississippi
6. Chris Ledeux - Look At You girl
7. Ray Charles - 7 Spanish Angels
8. Red Sovine -Teddy Bear
9. George Strait - Baby Blue
10. Rusted Root - On My Way
11. Dolly Parton - Coat of Many Colors
12. Keith Whitley - Don't Close Your Eyes
13. Debbie Gibson - Lost In Your Eyes
14. Tiffany - I Saw Him Standing There<
15. NKOTB - Please Don't Go Girl
16. Marky Mark - Good Vibrations
17. John Anderson - Seminole Wind
18. He - instrumental version
19. Bad English - Just to See You Smile
20. Earl Thomas Conley - What I'd Say
21. Harry Connick, Jr - A Nightengale Sang in Berkley Square
22. B.J. Thomas - What's Forever For
23. Cranberries - Linger
24. Clay Walker - Hypnotize the Moon
25. Pirates of the Mississippi - Fighting for You
26. Alicia Keys - No One
27. Bryan Adams -When You Love Someone
28. Michael W. Smith/Jim Brickman - Love of My Life
29. REM - At My Most Beautiful
30. Lee Ann Womack - I Hope You Dance
31. Tim McGraw - Just to See You Smile
32. Van Morrison - Into the Mystic
33. Ernest Tubb- The Wings of a Dove
34. Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Fishin' in the Dark
35. Eddie Rabbitt - I Love A Rainy Night
36. Willie Nelson - Always on My Mind
37. Billy Joel - And So It Goes
38. Reba McIntyre - Whoever's in New England
39. Lorri Morgan - Something in Red
40. Sarah McLaclan - I Will Remember You
41. Thousand Foot Krutch - Breath You In
42. Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - Somewhere Over the Rainbow
43. Kate Bush - This Woman's Work
44. Audio Adrenaline - Goodbye
45. Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
46. Michael W. Smith - Place in this World
47. Kelly Clarkson - Because of You
48. Switchfoot - I Dare You To Move
49. David Crowder Band - No One Like You
50. Only Grace - Matthew West
--originally posted on July 15, 2007